The ‘Pink City’, Jaipur was found by Maharaja Jai Singh II in 1727 A.D. The capital city has become the center of tours and travels of Rajasthan due to its cultural heritage. People having interest in forts, monuments and also architectural marvels find this place irreplaceable. The excessive usage of pink color on the wall during the visit of Prince Wales made the city recognized as Pink City.
Amber Fort | Image Resource : blogspot.com
Some of the Best Known Jaipur Monuments:
- Amber Fort: 11 km away from Jaipur, in Amber, the Amber fort is a marvelous sight. This was the capital of Rajasthan before Jaipur. Amber fort or also known as Amber palace was built by Raja Man Singh in the year 1592. Red sandstones and marble stones are used to make this fort. Maotha lake nearby had always made this fort look astounding.
- City Palace: It is situated in the heart of Jaipur. Maharaja used to rule the land from this palace. Tourists can find many other famous palaces inside the palace buildings.
- Jaigarh Fort: This fort was once acted as the main defense system of Amber. It was also used as royal treasury. The attraction of this fort lies with the watchtowers, walls and bastions. The largest moving canon of Asia known as Jaivan can be located here.
- Hawa Mahal: The ‘Palace of The Winds’ or Hawa Mahal has always been one main attraction of the Jaipur tourism. It was established by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. The main purpose was to let the women of the palace see the condition of the busy street of Johari Bazaar while still under the veil of ‘Jharokhas’. It is a five-story palace.
- Jal Mahal: This palace was also established by the Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799. The name suggests ‘Water Palace’ which is actually literally true being situated amidst Man Sagar Lake. This palace has now turned into a hotel.
- Jantar Mantar: This place has become a World Heritage Site because of the largest sundial in the world. This is a must-see site while in Jaipur.
- Nahargarh Fort: This fort is also known as the ‘Tiger Fort’. It was actually the summer residence of the royal families. The whole city from its top becomes a majestic sight in the morning and evening.
- Jaigarh Fort: It was built by Sawan Jai Singh II. It is connected with Amber Fort through hidden passages. The main purpose was to protect the Amber fort and the connected complex at time of need.
Le Meridien Jaipur
Spend Time In The Luxurious Le Meridien Jaipur:
Le Meridien Jaipur is a luxurious 5 star hotel. The royal feeling is just unavoidable in this place. The architecture and green surrounding will definitely be able to steal the hearts of the beholder. Guests will find top most comforting atmosphere in the hotel and can choose favorable rooms from the available categories.
Guests will obtain an enjoyable environment with modern amenities and facilities. From food to car parking, club to fitness center, game centers to spas and many more will help the tourist feel a relaxing stay here. The rooms are spacious and have wide range of categories to choose from. The tourists will enjoy top-most privacy and comfort.
The hotel Le Meridien is situated at Riico Kukas, Jaipur. The nearby Golden Triangle Rout makes it convenient for travelers because it is connected with New Delhi and Agra.